My brother's been here visiting, so I've gotten behind on posting stuff. I really should have posted this a week ago. But better later than never.
So. I have mysteriously acquired a chupacabra.
AJD and I went to Vericon the weekend before last; I was sharing a room with KEH. She got there first, and the room was in her name. When I got to the room, both of the beds appeared to be claimed: one of them had a book and a blanket, and the other a mysterious cryptid, a note, and a flat wrapped package. I'd thought there was only to be the two of us, so I was rather confused. When KEH came in, I asked her which bed was hers, and she said the one with the book, and I asked her about the cryptid, and she said, 'Oh, I thought that was yours.'
Clearly she did not think he was mine, because the room was in her name and she had arrived first, and all, but she maintained complete innocence as to how the mysterious cryptid came to be in my room. She pointed out that it is well known I have a habit of taking in plush creatures and perhaps my reputation led him to me.
Upon investigation, we discovered that the cryptid was a chupacabra, the wrapped package was a book about cryptozoology, and the note was in Spanish, and typed in an eldritch font, as follows (the original capitalisation and punctuation have been reproduced faithfully):
QUERIDA DAMA
BUSCO ASILO EN SU PAIS
TRAIGO CONMIGO ESTE LIBRA PARA QUE SEPA UD LOS CONOCIMIENTOS DE MI PUEBLO
SE PUEDE CONFIAR EN MI COMPORTAMIENTO EN COMPANIA DE LAS CABRAS
We have not yet verified whether he can be trusted with goats. It seems best to be cautious, for Nicodemus's sake. Anyway.
This is, at present, all I really know about the chupacabra, as he speaks only Spanish and Cryptic, and AJD and I speak neither. While we were at Vericon, I left him in the hotel room with the TV remote control, and he entertained himself by watching Mexican soap operas, which he seemed to find hilarious. But I can't ask him where he came from, or even what his name is, and he's a very inscrutable little chap who doesn't give much away.
He has spikes all the way down his side, and also wings, neither of which can be seen clearly here, but you can see the book he brought with him just behind his right shoulder.
So we have a mystery. How and why did the chupacabra come to be here? Can he truly be trusted with goats? Can he be trusted at all? I've become quite fond of him, and I don't really think he is here for sinister reasons or with a sinister purpose, but he's rather hard to read, so I can't be totally sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment