28 April 2011

Dissertation!

I submitted my dissertation today, and I printed an extra copy for myself and had it bound.  It was long enough, and the paper I'd used was nice enough, that it had to be bound in two volumes.  It's so pretty.  OMG.

Here I am showing it to Twilby.  Twilby is almost as delighted with it as I am.  He was very helpful while I was writing it, and he guarded the two copies all last night while I was asleep, because I was terrified something would happen to it.

(I'm showing him the Old English sentences in the section on the Germanic group genitive.)

Gilly was a bit more excited about the box.  When I brought the printouts home last night, he was initially confused, because he thought the box was my dissertation; now he understands.  He's quite happy that the box isn't the dissertation, actually, because it means I'm willing to let him play with it.  See, he's lashing his tail.

He says we shouldn't take his excitement at having a box as a sign that he's abandoned his dream of having a banquet hall full of mattresses lovingly draped in Oriental rugs, but he's satisfied for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment